Inception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Inceptions homepage. This is a Minecraft emulation server that is provided to the public at no extra cost!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I was really really bored.. lol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

I was really really bored.. lol  Empty
PostSubject: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:46 am

Alright so I was bored today, and had nothing to do at all.. So I decided to try to make a cool little LCD display thing with torches.. I got the sections all wired together which took a really really long time lol.. Now I have to try to figure out what numbers use each lettered section.. and then I need to figure out how to wire all of that together which i'm like clueless on... and then maybe i'll make another to display two digits, but i really doubt i care to put much more time into it haha
I was really really bored.. lol  Fronts10
Back to top Go down
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

PostSubject: Re: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 am

Here is the back, top, and another top shot lol
I was really really bored.. lol  Backsh10
I was really really bored.. lol  Top_vi10
I was really really bored.. lol  Topvie10

Back to top Go down
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

PostSubject: Re: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:02 pm

Ok, so I got all the wiring worked out so all you have to do it flip a switch and it turns on the lettered sections to display the number you want.. Now I want to try to make something so that when you hit a button it will count from 0 to 9 or something idk yet.. or maybe a calculator? lol that would be crazy i really doubt i could do that haha

Here's a pic of the whole back as of now lol

I was really really bored.. lol  Topsho10
I had to like put 0-4 and then a repeater because it was sooo far than 5-9...

and here is a shot of the directions i made, along with a side shot of the switches and stuff

I was really really bored.. lol  Justfl10
Back to top Go down
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

PostSubject: Re: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Anyone have any idea on what i could do next?.. like to expand on this?... or like any feedback at all lol
Back to top Go down
Hugzie
Master Member
Master Member
Hugzie

PostSubject: Re: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:43 pm

That is crazy Alt. I don't think i could do something like that. I like it. Would it even be possible to make a calculator? lol

[Different Topic] Is it possible to add on to the cube maze with a maze made of a lot of doors and switches/buttons
Back to top Go down
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

PostSubject: Re: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks Smile .. its taking forever lol.. I have no idea if it would be possible to make a calculator unless it was like super simple like nothing higher than an answer of nine lol, unless i made it a double display or w/e...its really not all that hard to do.. its just really time consuming lol... and yea now that's I've finally figured out the whole redstone thing while the server has been down i could probably make like a ton of combination locks, or like your given a riddle and only the correct few switched open the door out of like 10 switches or something Razz
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

PostSubject: Re: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Wow Alt really nice job with this! Check out this for some inspiration! A 16-bit ALU computer... It is supposed to be able to get on the internet shortly... o.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug
Back to top Go down
https://minecraftinception.forumotion.com
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

PostSubject: Re: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:37 am

So it took a little bit to figure out how binary works... and i'm in the process of setting everything up so it works for 4bit binary which is all you need for 0-9 .. i just have to finish all the little ports where it goes 1, 2, 4, 8 for each bit and connect them to their number equivalent.. after that i have to wire all of the 1's 2's 4's and 8's together and run them over to 4 switches.... until i can figure out how to make it switch through them in order from 0-9 by pushing a button or something idk yet lol... this is getting a bit more difficult haha i didn't really know what i was getting myself into.... but i am def not one to quit on something Smile lol

current overview of the HUGE space i had to add on
I was really really bored.. lol  Starte10

shot of the number 1 spot
I was really really bored.. lol  Thebin10
I had to make it two story to save on room, or else it would have to be like 90 squares wide to fit them all lol

and this pic is of the little 4pin area i'm going to connect everything together from
I was really really bored.. lol  4pinpo10

This thing is just getting massive lol

Oh and I switched a ton of stuff around so the default display is 0 instead of just being off lol it saved a bit of room, but you can hardly tell at all haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was really really bored.. lol    I was really really bored.. lol  Empty

Back to top Go down

I was really really bored.. lol
Page 1 of 1