Inception
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Inceptions homepage. This is a Minecraft emulation server that is provided to the public at no extra cost!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server downtime!

Go down 
+8
noahs97
Breezy
baconn
emze
Hugzie
DustyFeets
Alturnous
Zanathar
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Server will be down Wednsday from 3PM Eastern Time to about 6ish Eastern Time. If all goes well it should be up by then. I will keep you updated. The longest it could be down is untill Sunday afternoon. This is due to Thanksgiving and a few family things. Sorry about any problems. I will keep you updated when the time is closer! Thanks!
Zanathar
Back to top Go down
https://minecraftinception.forumotion.com
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Also its looking like i'm going to have to talk to Zan about downloading the new server Notch updated, and everyone has to download the new client before you can connect Smile lol... Well I think we are all going to have some downtime through thanksgiving :O

Update:
I've txted Zan, and sent him a message but he has yet to contact me back.. I told him that he needs to download the new server, and disable the SMP setting on it for now.. Also he is switching the file that contains our city and such over to the new server. Hopefully he will contact me back soon :\
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:14 am

The server is obviously down. I have to completely clear out my dorm room For thanksgivinbreaks. so I will set up the server at Alts house. His router is inaccessible so... If the port is not open the server will be down until Saturday night or maybe een sunday afternoon. Thi is an update I'll keep them coming. See you soon!
Back to top Go down
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:47 am

I just have to make one phone call to get access to the router.. The main problem we will have is bandwidth and lag issues lol.. So if there is to much lag we will just shut it all down till Saturday. Sorry everyone, but its the holidays :\
Back to top Go down
DustyFeets
Novice Member
Novice Member

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:29 am

That explains why I couldn't get on all day :/

well, happy holidays, kinda sad this had to happen right when the new update came out :-p
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:31 am

SO I got the server up and running. I logged on and instantly everything caught on fire... Quite a site I must say... Lava is back to having normal properties due to an unknown error... This has been stressing me out all day trying to fix the problem. All of the addons are out of date therefore I can start the server but admins will have no special commands or anything, meaning I would have no control over the server. The water slide had lava at the end and instantly caught fire. That was the only damage I could see due to the server now saving every 30 seconds I dont think that is retriveable.

Hugzie has the worst luck with that thing Razz Im working on getting commands back and disabling fire... Again... Once this is done, server will be back up.
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:36 am

I am litterally one step away! Haha could be up soon tonight!
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:25 am

Finnaly I GOT IT! Server is ready to go just need to run it to alts house, anyone up for a test drive?
Back to top Go down
DustyFeets
Novice Member
Novice Member

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 am

Zanathar wrote:
Finnaly I GOT IT! Server is ready to go just need to run it to alts house, anyone up for a test drive?
"Failed to connect to server

Connection refused: Connect"

Sad
Back to top Go down
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 am

update was today, server is going to have to stay down until Saturday or Sunday.. We tried to get everything to work at my house, but its a no go .. Stu worked on getting all the mods and everything updated alllll dayyy it took forever to get everything to work properly. I guess as soon as he started it up everything burst into flames or something lol haha because none of the mods worked at the time.. But its been taken care of for the most part i belive.. Sorry for the wait guys :\
Back to top Go down
Hugzie
Master Member
Master Member
Hugzie

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:11 am

Alturnous wrote:
update was today, server is going to have to stay down until Saturday or Sunday.. We tried to get everything to work at my house, but its a no go .. Stu worked on getting all the mods and everything updated alllll dayyy it took forever to get everything to work properly. I guess as soon as he started it up everything burst into flames or something lol haha because none of the mods worked at the time.. But its been taken care of for the most part i belive.. Sorry for the wait guys :\

It's alright, you guys are trying your best and it is the holiday season- so enjoy it. And i will see you when the server gets back online. Happy holidays everyone!
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:28 pm

So unless alt is up for running me down to Mt.P on Saturday the server won't be up until Sunday. I have already figured we will be losing quite a large chunk of our playerbase. This makes me frown on the inside but what does everyone think about opening it back up to the public again to get a few more loyal players?
Back to top Go down
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Zanathar wrote:
So unless alt is up for running me down to Mt.P on Saturday the server won't be up until Sunday. I have already figured we will be losing quite a large chunk of our playerbase. This makes me frown on the inside but what does everyone think about opening it back up to the public again to get a few more loyal players?

Well you are coming over to hang out with the ppl i invited Saturday at 6.. Than you are working for me to pay my dad back lol so we will be finishing all of that base molding i made for my house haha... sooo Sunday afternoon would be a good time to shoot for lol
Back to top Go down
emze
Master Member
Master Member

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Zanathar wrote:

I'll still be here Smile
Back to top Go down
Alturnous
Admin
Admin
Alturnous

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Yay! EMZE! woot!
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Lol ok I'll work. Willi be there long enough to make more than what I owe him? Lol
Back to top Go down
Hugzie
Master Member
Master Member
Hugzie

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Zanathar wrote:

I will be here Zan, you can hold your breath to that. I love this community! bounce
Back to top Go down
DustyFeets
Novice Member
Novice Member

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Hugzie wrote:
Zanathar wrote:

I will be here Zan, you can hold your breath to that. I love this community! bounce

Same. I've tried quite a few servers since, but none have felt like home, like inception does. All I've been doing is playing single player in anticipation of the server opening back up.

I'm sure Prox and Terd will be back, because they're mods, and
bacconn, because he's hard at work on the maze. Me, hugzie, alt, and you are confirmed for a comeback, so I think we'll be fine.

Nonetheless, you should make it public for a few days, maybe we'll get some more awesome people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks guys! A few important updates!

When the server comes back online a few things will be different.
Lava has all the same properties
Unsure about TNT
A lighter im pretty sure is nerfed.
Death is an option along with PvP. I like the idea of PvP because if a griefer is on and no OP is on you can continuously kill the griefer lol. Everyone else on the server isn't going to kill one another anyways.
A few new rules will be put into place about PvP. PvP can take place IF! Another player steals from you, griefs you or we have a PvP event. This is the only way. Other ways of killing will be considered a grief and instant ban. A player may report this in the griefing forum and as soon as this happens I will open up a ban appeal forum where you have one chance to appeal your ban. I hope we do not run into this problem, but just in case im setting some ground rules!

Can't wait to see you guys! Should be soon!
Back to top Go down
Hugzie
Master Member
Master Member
Hugzie

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Zanathar wrote:
Thanks guys! A few important updates!

When the server comes back online a few things will be different.
Lava has all the same properties
Unsure about TNT
A lighter im pretty sure is nerfed.
Death is an option along with PvP. I like the idea of PvP because if a griefer is on and no OP is on you can continuously kill the griefer lol. Everyone else on the server isn't going to kill one another anyways.
A few new rules will be put into place about PvP. PvP can take place IF! Another player steals from you, griefs you or we have a PvP event. This is the only way. Other ways of killing will be considered a grief and instant ban. A player may report this in the griefing forum and as soon as this happens I will open up a ban appeal forum where you have one chance to appeal your ban. I hope we do not run into this problem, but just in case im setting some ground rules!

Can't wait to see you guys! Should be soon!

Im looking forward to dueling people! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
baconn
Novice Member
Novice Member
baconn

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 1:23 am

Any word on the server coming back up today?
Back to top Go down
Breezy
Newcommer
Newcommer

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: I am still here!!!   Server downtime! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:44 am

Zanathar and Alt i am still here too love ya
Back to top Go down
noahs97
Newcommer
Newcommer

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:40 am

DustyFeets wrote:
Hugzie wrote:
Zanathar wrote:

Same. I've tried quite a few servers since, but none have felt like home, like inception does. All I've been doing is playing single player in anticipation of the server opening back up.

I'm sure Prox and Terd will be back, because they're mods, and
bacconn, because he's hard at work on the maze. Me, hugzie, alt, and you are confirmed for a comeback, so I think we'll be fine.

Nonetheless, you should make it public for a few days, maybe we'll get some more awesome people Very Happy
I will come back but i will be juggling with being an admin for my friends server. I hope to continue to play about the same amount of time every day
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:19 am

Hye guys server should be up soon just trying to get commands working again... Give me a few ill update when it works!
Back to top Go down
Zanathar
Admin
Admin
Zanathar

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:32 am

SERVER IS UP!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server downtime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime!   Server downtime! Empty

Back to top Go down

Server downtime!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next